Call for Submissions to On View
Submit your work for consideration in the next On View collection, a two-page curated, themed exhibition in each issue. The Fall 2014 theme of this collection is Wanderlust. You are invited to interpret this theme of travel and adventure as literally or liberally as you like.
Please take the time to read the instructions closely. Choose your best work appropriate for the topic. Our editorial team will review all submissions received and may select your image to feature in the magazine. Your submission must include all of the following information (incomplete submissions or submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered). Please email your submission to ElenaRosenberg@FiberArtNow.net. Feel free to share this opportunity with your colleagues.
- Deadline: June 15, 2014
- Image File (JPG, etc) of your submission, sized at about 600 pixels on the shortest side. Do NOT send high-resolution files for your initial submission; do NOT send PDFs or ZIP files.
- Provide the following information as plain text in the body of your email. Please do not send Word document attachments.
- Your name, city and country of residence.
- Title of submitted work, year of creation, dimensions, materials, and technique. You do not need to describe your technique in detail. Please simply state the technique as “embroidery on silk”, “wool tapestry”, etc.
- Statement about you and/or your work. This statement should be 50 WORDS MAXIMUM.
Link to your artist website, if any.
- Photography credit.
- Note: Please send no more than 1-3 images per artist.
Important: If your work is selected, you will be asked to provide, on short notice, a high-resolution (300 dpi, sized to 4″x6″ or larger) image file of your work. If the photographer of the work is someone other than you, you will need to secure their permission to publish the photograph.
We look forward to seeing your work!
*Image source: “Broken Top” by Lisa and Lori Lubbesmeyer. www.lubbesmeyer.com Used with permission.